Sailing the seas of online marketing and plundering the riches as an affiliate pirate.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

$1.99 domain names

If you plan to buy a domain, take a look at Yahoo! SmallBusiness which offers one for ridiculously low price of 2 bucks. This discount is only applied to the first year though.

I've decided to buy andrew-owns-agloco.com to use with this blog, but I ran into a problem. I could only make www.andrew-owns-agloco.com or andrew-owns-agloco.com (without www) work properly, but not both at the same time. There's a lot of discussions about this in Blogger's google groups. I didn't find a working solution though, so in the end I gave up and set up a simple forwarding. You might want to keep this in mind if you decide to use your domain with Blogger.com

3 comments:

dom said...

Who puts in www. these days ? I just type the site name ... most browsers can handle this, I use Mozilla Firefox.

Andrew said...

I use Firefox as well. The problem is, if someone decides to write www. it won't work. I haven't found an answer on Google help groups, sadly :( But I think it's more of Yahoo problem because they don't really let us delete the records - they revert to default Yahoo servers instead.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice stuff. I found a cool news widget for our blogs at www.widgetmate.com. Now I can show the latest news on my blog. Worked like a breeze.

Post a Comment