Sailing the seas of online marketing and plundering the riches as an affiliate pirate.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

E-mail from Agloco

Today I got an e-mail from Agloco titled "AGLOCO Viewbar Update". It was a disappointment because there still aren't any news about launch date. The e-mail contained information that was posted on Agloco's blog over 3 weeks ago! I guess it's for the members who don't bother to read it. (Not that there's much to read lately, it hasn't been updated for 13 days).

There was an interesting piece of information in that e-mail though:

You can only get credit referral hours up to the amount you directly surf (meaning if you surf 3 hours but a referral surfs 4, you will only get credit for the first 3 of your referral’s 4 hours).

I'm not sure if this was mentioned somewhere before, but it's my first time reading it. Sure, surfing 5 hours a month is easy. But what about this part of their membership agreement:

Monthly Time Limit May Change. The amount of time that will be credited to your account for You, Your Referrals, and Extended Referrals is limited by applicable Monthly Time Limits, and You agree that AGLOCO™ may change (decrease or increase) the Monthly Time Limit at any time for any country or countries effective as of the posting of the new limit on the page setting forth the Monthly Time Limits <...>.

If Agloco would apply different monthly time limits for different countries, this would hurt not only your personal earnings, but the earnings from your referrals as well (since you wouldn't be able to surf as much as they do). Now, I don't mind getting paid less for my hours because I'm from Lithuania. Being realistic, I understand that more advertisers want to promote their business to someone from US than someone from my country. However, applying different time limit is another matter. I have referrals from all over the world and limiting my surfing hours would limit my earnings from my downline as well. I hope it won't come to this.

1 comment:

Post a Comment