Sailing the seas of online marketing and plundering the riches as an affiliate pirate.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Making money with Bidvertiser

I have recently joined Bidvertiser because a fellow Agloco member ismabera suggested it. You can see their ad at just above this post. I think it is a great idea to get some other revenue source from my blog, besides simply referring new Agloco members.

With this, I've also removed my blog from all traffic exchanges I was a member of. I didn't do that because of Bidvertiser rules - actually, it's one of the few pay-per-click advertising systems which have a friendly approach to traffic exchanges and "get paid to" sites - but because I want to track how much "real" traffic I receive, and perhaps open up a way for this blog to show ads from other networks in the future.

Putting Bidvertiser code on my blog here at Blogger proved to be a little tricky. After causing my blog to stop working altogether a few times, I took my time and read about widget tags that Blogger uses. I had to edit the HTML of my template and put the green code there:

<div id='main-wrapper'>
<b:section class='main' id='main' showaddelement='no'>
<b:widget id='HTML4' locked='false' title='' type='HTML'>

Basically, it created a new widget right above my posts, which I can edit in my "Page Elements" menu like others. All I had to do then was add the Bidvertiser code. If you want to add their ads to some "standart" location, like your sidebar (or wherever your template lets you), you won't have to edit the code - just insert another HTML/JavaScript widget from your "Page Elements" and you'll be good to go.

As for the earnings, it's too early to say yet. I have heard that Bidvertiser pays less per click than, say, Google AdSense or AdBrite, but I prefer to do some testing and see for myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post. I am working on the same issue using Bidvertiser on my blog so it helped me a little to see how I can insert adverts between my posts. I'm a newby to all this html stuff so it takes me a while to figure it out through trial and error.

I'm using Bidvertiser because Adsense seems to have virtually no support and is not as user-friendly.

Thanks and good luck. One guy on a forum I read said he was bringing in four figures a month using Bidvertise.

Ratnadeep said...

Thanks.Your post helped me a lot.It fixed my problems using Bidvertiser.

Post a Comment