Sailing the seas of online marketing and plundering the riches as an affiliate pirate.

Saturday, October 6, 2007

My take on Agloco: payment plan and more

It seems that latest post on Agloco's blog got quite a reaction from the community. Many members are complaining that the payment system Agloco introduced is a "joke" or a "scam". Agloco supporters are a minority. Some of the commentators at official blog threaten to close their accounts, but are seen again the next day, posting same negative comments. I'd like to post my opinion on this as well.

First of all, the payment plan is not the problem. Of course, most complains about it are valid (getting only a few cents each month, not being able to cash out unless you have a lot of referrals, etc.) but that's not the point. The payment plan shouldn't be there in the first place! Agloco didn't make profit yet, so we shouldn't get paid either.

The official blog itself said that this payment plan was created after the release of Viewbar (that is, it wasn't planned from the beginning). What's more, with it's losses, Agloco obviously cannot afford to pay $0.5 per hour, so it introduces something like "monthly residual payments" over the period of 10 years. I wouldn't mind this plan if I knew that Agloco is a stable and paying company - but now it looks like nothing more than a marketing trick, to show that Agloco really pays. That's unneeded - I'd rather wait few more months for them to solve all the problems and introduce a solid payment plan, instead of this attempt to calm down the community.

Second, I need to point out the real problem of Agloco. Again, it's not the payment plan! The problem is that in all this time (I've been a member for nearly a year) all they managed to do is create an incomplete Viewbar program!

Let's take a look at this text from Agloco's official site, since it illustrates my point very well:

Today’s hottest Internet businesses are all about the power of social networks. Companies like MySpace, Facebook, and YouTube have become worth billions because businesses have realized that these social networks are generating huge advertising and marketing opportunities. As these social networks grow, the economic potential for its owners – and the advertisers who target the site’s users – is remarkable.

At AGLOCO, we asked a simple question: The users created the community, where’s their share of the profit?

It was from this question that AGLOCO set out to create the Internet’s first Economic Network, harnessing the power of Internet-based social networks to directly benefit the Members who help to create the community.

Agloco's promotional text speaks of "power of social networks". When I signed up for Agloco 11 months ago, it was just an old-fashioned, boring looking site. I was expecting the "social network" part to come in later. After 11 months, it's still the same old-fashioned, boring site! They didn't even get rid of the "beta" part. They don't have a forum, let alone a social network. The only thing connecting users to Agloco is the Viewbar. How do you expect to make money from user created content, when there's nothing users can contribute to? What exactly is the development team, if it took them a year to develop this little program?

That is the real problem of Agloco. If they had all these things I mentioned, if we actually saw the results of their work, I wouldn't mind waiting for payment for a long time, because I'd know Agloco is a serious company that's becoming a big thing on the internet. If you'd like an example, take a look at Yuwie. It's everything Agloco could have become - a social network, that shares it's profits. Why couldn't Agloco create something similar is beyond me. They talk about these "tech teams" and "development teams", but it's like they don't do anything besides adding small improvements to Viewbar occasionally.

So, what I'm going to do? I'm going to stay with Agloco, obviously. I'm not loosing anything except a little of my time, but I could potentially win. Perhaps Agloco still has something up their sleeve? A big update, just waiting to be introduced? Even if that's not so, I'll continue using the Viewbar and updating this blog and see what comes out of this. Since I'm in 0.5% top recruiters, it's very likely that if Agloco pays, I will get paid.

1 comment:

John said...

And I second that!

You are 100% correct, we are not loosing anything!

I too remain an AGLOCO supporter, and hope that one day, maybe sooner than we think, we'll all get paid!

And please keep writing your thoughts on AGLOCO..

Regards,

John

Post a Comment