Sailing the seas of online marketing and plundering the riches as an affiliate pirate.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My first Text-Link-Ads affiliate comissions

I wrote about TLA a long time ago. They had "accepted" my site back then, but I wasn't able to actually participate in their Publisher program because my PageRank was too low. Since this blog now has PR4, I hope eventually they might review it and allow me to sell links here. I suppose the news of Google manually reducing PageRank of sites selling links (and that effects both buyers and sellers) will be bad for TLA's business, but I don't think Google will pay any attention to a small blog like mine.

Now for the real news - I logged in to my Text-Link-Ads affiliate account and saw that I earned some comissions a while ago (the referral name is blurred to protect their privacy):


I have only been promoting TLA in SmileyTraffic exchange, so it took me quite a while to earn my first comissions. Their rules don't help either - first, you need a PR4+ site, which not everyone has, second, the publisher has to install the code for 7 days in order for the referrer to get comissions. As for comissions themselves, it's one-time $25 payment for each referral which satisfies the 7 day requirement, and the same amount for any new advertiser, regardless of how much money they spend.

So, if you have a website with a Google PageRank of 4 or higher, you might want to join Text-Link-Ads publisher program and make money selling links; or, if you don't have a fitting website, you can just use the affiliate program like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment