Sailing the seas of online marketing and plundering the riches as an affiliate pirate.

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Submit your articles automatically

One of the more important means that helped me achieve PageRank 4 on this blog was so called article marketing. I wrote several short articles on topics related to making money online, and put in the URL of this blog in my "resource" or "bio" box at the bottom. Once the articles were approved, this gave me a permanent, free backlink from the article directory site. What's more, bloggers are able to use content from article directories for free, as long as they include the resource box from the article author. I actually found one of my articles re-posted with a backlink on another blog which appeared on my visitor statistics.

Of course, there are hundreds of directories where you can submit your article, but doing it manually is a lot of work. That's where ArticleMarketer comes in. They will do all the hard work of submitting your article to many article directory sites, for free. There is an upgrade to your membership, which lets you view article distribution reports, and submits your articles to a much larger list of directories, but I only used free service so far. The upgrade costs $80 for 3 months, and I think that's pretty reasonable since you can submit unlimited articles unlike in other manual submission services which are one-time. However, I believe the paid option is only useful if you are doing a lot of article writing, not merely 1 article a month like myself. If you do upgrade, you might want to see their affiliate program which pays you to refer other paid members.

Since free submission in ArticleMarketer is rather limited, you might want to submit your article to most important article directories yourself. There's no need to overdo it, however. I usually submit my article to ezinearticles first (PR6 directory!) and use ArticleMarketer after that. Write about anything you like and see those backlinks coming in!

No comments:

Post a Comment